First Tee – Greater Houston is currently impacting the lives of over 300,000 youth across the Greater Houston area annually by introducing character building education through three delivery channels: on golf courses, in schools and at youth centers.
On the Golf Course
Junior golf is just part of First Tee. Through our program that strengthens character, kids will learn life skills that stay with them into the rest of their lives, like:
- Understanding and managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program
Participants progress through levels by demonstrating inner strength, character, and the life and golf skills they have learned. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level.
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7) – Tee it up for the first time and learn the game of golf and First Tee’s Code of Conduct
- Par (recommended minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality
- Eagle (recommended minimum age 13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community
Cost: $30 per session
Contact Brian Ladet at [email protected] or 281-459-8715 about scholarships for financial need.